- Insulate yourself from anonymous angry people
- Expose yourself to art you don’t yet understand
- Precisely measure the results that are important to you
- Stay blind to the metrics that don’t matter
- Fail often
- Lead, don’t manage so much
- Seek out uncomfortable situations
- Make an impact on the people who matter to you
- Be better at your baseline skills than anyone else
- Copyedit less, invent more
- Give more speeches
- Ignore unsolicited advice
When someone comments that “you’ve changed,” what they really mean to say is this: you’ve stopped living your life their way.
Oh well. So what. Next! – by Tess Marshall
You can’t step into the same river twice. Something is always shifting.